mcs - Configuration file abstraction system
mcs is a library and set of userland tools which abstract the storage of
configuration settings away from userland applications.
It is hoped that by using mcs, that the applications which use it will
generally have a more congruent feeling in regards to settings.
There have been other projects like this before (such as GConf), but unlike
those projects, mcs strictly handles abstraction. It does not impose any
specific data storage requirement, nor is it tied to any desktop environment or
- * 2009-12-29 - Michael Schwendt <mschwendt[AT]fedoraproject[DOTORG]> - 0.7.1-9
- Apply safety fix to keyfile set_string function.
- * 2009-12-24 - Michael Schwendt <mschwendt[AT]fedoraproject[DOTORG]> - 0.7.1-8
- Apply safety fixes to string utility functions.
- * 2009-12-24 - Michael Schwendt <mschwendt[AT]fedoraproject[DOTORG]> - 0.7.1-7
- Fix floating point exception in mcs-walk-config tool.
- * 2009-12-23 - Michael Schwendt <mschwendt[AT]fedoraproject[DOTORG]> - 0.7.1-6
- Add --disable-kconfig to fix build requirements usage (#529696).
The kconfig backend has never been built or included before.
- Fix MCS_SYSCONFDIR build config value, so /etc/mcs-backend file is found.
Don't provide a default site-wide config file anymore. Making it default
to "gconf" would switch backends for everyone from "default".
- * 2009-07-25 - Fedora Release Engineering <rel-eng[AT]lists.fedoraproject[DOTORG]> - 0.7.1-5
- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_12_Mass_Rebuild